Did you know that Pineapple juice is known to reduce bruising, sprains and strains?
Fresh pineapple juice contains so many beneficial ingredients like the enzyme Bromelain. Bromelain is a naturally occurring anti-inflammatory that can decrease swelling, joint tenderness and pain. Pineapple juice can be a great help to ease rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
Fresh pineapple juice is high in vitamin C, a water-soluble vitamin that battles infection.
Don’t throw that skin out!!!
Pineapple skin is also an amazing source of Vitamin C, so before you toss out half the pineapple by cutting the skin off consider the alternatives of juicing the entire pineapple, grilling thick steaks, boiling in rice, or simply soaking in a pitcher of water on the fridge!
Bromelain is recognized as an excellent soldier in the winter war on respiratory conditions.
According to the Feminist Women’s Health Center website, Bromelain helps the body break down mucus and can help treat asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis and sinus infections.
- One cup of fresh pineapple provides 23.87 mg of vitamin C. This is 39.8 percent of your daily recommended value.”
- Bromelain helps balance and neutralize bodily fluids. Fluid that is too alkaline or too acidic can prevent digestion and cause stomach irritation.
- Drinking pineapple juice during or shortly after a meal helps with protein digestion.
- Vitamin C also assists the body in metabolizing fats and cholesterol.
- Vitamins in pineapple also increase iron absorption and help with amino acid synthesis.
One cup of fresh pineapple provides you with 128 percent of your daily value of manganese, which helps the body remove free radicals in the cell mitochondria, reports World’s Healthiest Foods website.
- Vitamin C is also an antioxidant. Antioxidants work together to help combat oxidation within the body; this helps decrease the amount of free radicals circulating through the body.
- Free radicals may cause damage to your body cells and contribute to diseases such as cancer.
- The vitamin C in pineapple juice also helps prevent mouth diseases. Daily intake will help battle gingivitis and periodontal infections by increasing the body’s ability to kill foreign bacteria that causes these diseases, according to the CDC. The Feminist Women’s Health Center website says pineapple can also help heal infected gum tissue and decrease the risk of heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes.
- Bromelain helps balance and neutralize bodily fluids. Fluid that is too alkaline or too acidic can prevent digestion and cause stomach irritation. Drinking pineapple juice during or shortly after a meal helps with protein digestion. Vitamin C also assists the body in metabolizing fats and cholesterol. Vitamins in pineapple also increase iron absorption and help with amino acid synthesis.
Bromelain Pina Colada
- Pineapple (skin & all)unscrew top and throw away
- Coconut milk
- Juice the pineapple with its skin, set aside
- Add 7oz of this juice
- 1cup coconut milk
- Add ice until desired thickness is achieved
- Garnish with fresh grated coconut!
- Save the juice for a snack later in the day or tomorrow’s breakfast with added Spirulina!